Sicily - Stay with excursions
Give me a week of your life,
I will make see 4000 years of history...
Stay in Hotel - 3/4* + Excursions to visit Sicily
1) Cefalù: visit of the town with the Cathedral Ruggeriano, the Arabic Washhouse, the Course Roger with his/her shops and the handicraft shops. Pursuance with walk on the waterfront.
2) Ignored Sicily (The Madonie): An excursion warmly recommended in a particular itinerary to the discovery of the ancient and characteristic countries of the Park of the Madonies like Castelbuono and his ancient medieval Ventimiglias' Castle.
Optional excursions (payment on the spot):
1) Etna and Taormina: The charm of the Etna, giant of Europe, where you will arrive after having crossed the hinterland of the island. You will climb up to an altitude of 1900 meters, where you will admire the amazing lava flow of 2001. Possibility to climb by the cableway and the jeeps up to the altitude of 3000 mt*. Free time for lunch. In the afternoon visit to the famous tourist city of Taormina with its Greek Theatre and the splendid belvederes. * Cableway and jeep extra supplement.
2) Syracuse: Visit of the archaeological park: the greatest Greek theatre in Sicily, the Dionysius’s ear, the Roman amphitheatre. After having crossed the city you will visit the Ortigia island: the Cathedral built inside a Greek temple and the Aretusa Source with his plants of papyrus.
3) Eolies Islands (Volcano and Lipari): Departure at 07.45 from the port of Cefalù. Arrive in Volcano: characteristic island for the black sands and for the sulphurous waters. Dominated by an active volcano whose crater center is also within walking distance. Following, visit of Lipari: the greatest of the seven islands of the Aeolian archipelago. Return to port of Cefalù at 7.00 p.m..
4) Enna and Piazza Armerina: In Piazza Armerina, you will visit the amazing Roman Villa of Casale with his famous mosaics. In Enna you will visit the Castle of Lombardy.
5) Agrigento : Visits to the archaeological museum and walk in the mythical Valley of the Temples in Agrigento to admire the majesty of the Temple of the Harmony: the better preserved Greek temple in the world. Free time for lunch on the seafront of St. Leo.
6) Palermo and Monreale: The visit of the capital of Sicily includes the Palatina Chapel, which is located inside the Royal Building, the Cathedral and the beautiful Cathedral of Monreale. Free time for lunch to Mondello in the near of the beach. In the afternoon, visit to the historical centre in Palermo: Martorana; Quattro Canti; the Massimo Theatre.
Rates 2016 - Groups of min. 8 person
The share includes:
- Accommodation in double room in 3/ 4* hotels, nearly Cefalù (Pa).
- The use of Coach or minibus for the realization of the excursions with driver / guide.
- Excursions Cefalù, Unknown Sicily.
- Trasfert Airport Palermo-Hotel and return.
- VAT and taxes
The share does not include:
- drinks with meals; meals optional;
- personal expenses and gratuities;
- The inputs sites and monuments and any local guides;
- optional excursions;
- Anything not mentioned in "The share includes"